This recipe comes from David's Mom (she found it in Southern Living). She made it for Tisha's bridal shower and it was delicious - everyone wanted the recipe! This is served on rice.
1 1/2 lbs. unpeeled, large shrimp
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup fresh parsley springs or celery leaves
1 TB. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 lb. bay scallops
3 TB butter
3 TB flour
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded swiss cheese
1 TB lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1 (7 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup soft whole wheat breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup almonds (optional)
2 TB butter, melted
Hot Cooked Rice
1. Peel shrimp and Devin, if desired (or buy it already done, much easier). Set aside.
2. Combine wine and next 4 ingredients; bring to boil
Add shrimp and scallops; cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Drain shrimp mixture, reserving 2/3 cup broth.
3. Melt 3 TB. butter in pan over low heat; add flour stirring until smooth.
Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add half and half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
4. Add Swiss cheese to sauce, stirring until cheese melts. Gradually stir in reserved 2/3 cup broth, lemon juice, and lemon pepper.
Stir in shrimp mixture and mushrooms.
Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish. (If desired, cover and chill overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 mins. before baking.)
5. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Combine breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over casserole.
Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serve over hot rice. Yield: 8 servings
(She doubled the recipe for Tisha's shower)