Sunday, October 25, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Burgers


I found this recipe in our local newspaper. The recipe was submitted by Jennifer Joles. It is so easy to make that I'm excited to add it to my favorites.

1 lb. ground chicken breast
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I used less than 1/4 cup of dried onions)
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs (I used seasoned bread crumbs)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
Blue Cheese crumbles (I didn't have this on hand...next time I might add blue cheese dressing)
Lettuce and tomato

Combine ground chicken, half of the buffalo wing sauce, onion, celery, bread crumbs and garlic salt. Form into 4 patties. Brush tops of burgers with some of the remaining buffalo sauce.

Place burgers on grill sauce-side down. Brush remaining sauce on top of burgers. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast buns during last minute of cooking.

Serve on whole wheat buns topped with crumbled blue cheese (or blue cheese dressing), lettuce, and tomato. For additional heat add a little buffalo wing sauce to your toasted bun.

I doubled the recipe and made an extra double batch for the freezer!

For kids who don't like buffalo wing sauce....just don't brush those burgers with the sauce or remove some of the chicken mixture before you add the sauce.

No comments: