These were yummy! I made them without the peanut butter chips and they were still good! I got this recipe from Six Sisters Stuff Monthly Menu Plan. I couldn't find the recipe of their website to link it to.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar together. Add vanilla and mix.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt together Add the mixture in a mixing bowl and stir until completely combined. Fold in peanut butter chips.
4. Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls Place 1/4 cup sugar in to a small bowl and roll each ball of dough in the sugar until completely covered. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat. Using a flat-bottomed drinking glass, gently press each dough ball down.
5. Bake the cookies 7-9 minutes. Remove cookies and allow them to cool on their cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. these cookies are very soft - you don't want them to overbake or to turn brown at all. They will continue to set-up as they cool.
Makes 48 cookies