Thursday, March 3, 2016

One Pan Taco Skillet

I'm liking these recipes that use only 1 pan!  Oh YEAH!  Usually when I make dinner, I seem to dirty WAY TOO MANY DISHES.  It really is a joke.  So when I saw this recipe....I had to try it.  And guess what, all my kids thanked me for dinner.  They liked it.  That is a miracle really.  I found the recipe on SixSistersStuff blog. You can find the recipe HERE along with many other great recipes.  I had my kids use chips or fritos to scoop it up and eat.  They loved it!


Ingredients
  • 1.25 lbs of Ground Turkey or Beef
  • 2 Bell Peppers Diced
  • 1 Onion Diced
  • 2 Tomatoes Diced
  • ½ cup salsa
  • 1 cup Canned Black Beans (about half a can)
  • 1 cup Water
  • 1 cup Beef Stock
  • 1 cup Long Grained Rice (not minute rice)
  • 1 and ½ teaspoons of Cumin
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
Instructions
  1. Begin browning meat in skillet.
  2. After slightly brown, add diced onion and diced peppers and cook until meat is completely browned.
  3. On medium heat, stir in water, beef stock, salsa, rice and beans.
  4. Stir in cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
  5. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is completely cooked and liquid has absorbed.
  6. Stir in the cheese and top with your favorite taco toppings! We love adding sour cream and guacamole to ours. Enjoy!

No comments: