- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 6, 8- to 10-inch green, red, and/or plain flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1. For peanut sauce, in a small saucepan combine sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, the 2 tablespoons cooking oil, and the garlic. Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Set aside.
2. Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until heated and softened. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly.
3. In a large skillet heat the 1 tablespoon oil. Cook and stir seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add broccoli, onion, and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
4. To assemble, spread each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce. Top with chicken strips and vegetable mixture. Roll up each tortilla, securing with a wooden toothpick. Serve immediately with remaining sauce. Makes 6 servings.