Sunday, November 15, 2009

Potato Latkes

This recipe comes from this very cool, new cookbook "Worldwide Ward Christmas Cookbook". I just bought mine at Costco.

Ingredients:
4 cups raw potatoes, shredded and drained
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 heaping Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 small onion, grated
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. fresh chives, parsley, or scallions, minced

Combine all ingredients and mix well. (I just realized that I forgot to drain the potatoes - oops, it still worked). Drop by tablespoonfuls on a hot, well greased skillet. Fry on both sides until brown. Makes 24 pancakes.

My tips: I used a larger cookie scoop and added some oil to my frying pan. Mine were larger (like a medium sized cookie so it made less pancakes) and they turned out great. I think next time I might double the recipe because they were a HIT!

No comments: