Saturday, April 16, 2016

Orange Chicken

I've taken several recipes and combined them, changed them and came up with this recipe.  I think it is so yummy!!  My kids like it too!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 TBS olive oil

For the sauce:
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I just use concentrate...make due!)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBS orange zest (if I have it I use it...else its still great without)
1 tsp Sriracha (I leave this out)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp white pepper

To thicken sauce:
3 TBS cornstarch
2 TBS water

1. In a resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt and pepper.  Add the chicken pieces, seal the bag and shake to coat.

2.  Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Place chicken into the skillet, and brown on both sides.  Place them in a dish and keep warm in the oven (I turn oven on at 200 degrees) until all chicken is cooked in the skillet and done.

3.  Meanwhile, place all the sauce ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil oven medium-high heat.  Mix together the cornstarch and 2 TBS of water; stir into the sauce.  Reduce heat to a medium low.  Add the sauce to the chicken.  Serve over rice.

No comments: