Saturday, April 2, 2016

Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake


Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake (Crowd Size)
My husband and I love breakfast casseroles...especially my husband!  I found this recipe from Betty Crocker one day and have loved it since.  The original recipe can be found HERE.  I alter it slightly.  I use 1/2 or less of the sausage it calls for.  Sometimes I add bacon in it too...Whatever I have on hand.  And when I have mushrooms....I saute those too with the onions and green peppers.  Yum!!  I especially like that is doesn't call for 12 eggs like most breakfast casseroles do.  I prefer using the bisquick mix in breakfast casseroles.  This is easy and yummy!  Gotta try it!

INGREDIENTS:

2
packages (12 oz each) bulk pork sausage
medium bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) 
cups frozen hash brown potatoes
cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
cup Original Bisquick™ mix 
cups milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
eggs

DIRECTIONS 

1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cook sausage, bell pepper and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in baking dish.

  • 2 Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into baking dish.
  • 3 Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes.

No comments: