Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Texas Cavier

 I had this appetizer at my friend's house also - and I wanted to stay and eat it all.  I had to step 10 feet away so I wouldn't continue to eat it all gone!  Haha

INGREDIENTS:

1 can black beans, drained
1 can black eyed peas, drained
1 can shoe peg corn, drained
4 oz jar pimentos
6 oz jar jalapenos or banana peppers
1 cup celery, chopped
1 med onion, chopped
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil



DIRECTIONS:

  1. Drain all canned foods and mix.  Add pimentos and jalapenos (or banana peppers).  Mix in celery and onion.
  2. Heat in sauce pan - apple cider vinegar, sugar and oil.  Heat until sugar dissolves.
  3. Pour over bean mix and toss to coast.
  4. Marinate over night in refrigerator.
  5. Drain before serving.
  6. Dip with scoops or tortillas



No comments: