- 1Cut halibut into portion size pieces (this will vary with every family); set aside.
- 2In gallon ziplock bag combine all dry ingredients; seal bag and shake to mix.
- 3In small bowl combine mayonnaise and mustard; mix thoroughly (secret ingredient!).
- 4Add some oil to skillet over med heat until oil begins to ripple. You will need to add more oil in small amounts at a time throughout cooking.
- 5Add halibut a few pieces at a time to skillet until full. DO NOT OVERLAP FISH. Cook until just beginning to brown on bottom side and flip. Once turned, lightly baste browned side of fish with mayonnaise mixture. Turn fish once more and repeat basting. The key to this step is to re brown basted sides of fish before removing from pan. The pieces should turn a deep brown (not black but close). That is when you know they are done.
- 6Serve while still hot. (May be kept in warm oven until all fish is done).