Monday, September 21, 2009

Pear Bundt Cake

I made this cake yesterday because I have a lot of pears in the fridge that I need to use. Hence, I used fresh pears not canned ones. I added 2 cups of pureed pears with a little water and 2 T. sugar to substitute the can of pears in light syrup. I also then added one chopped pear to the cake batter. It turned out very moist and delicious. I dusted mine with powdered sugar and drizzled it with lemon glaze (it would be could with or without this). This recipe was taken from allrecipes.com (one of my favorite sites).

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pears in light syrup
  • 2 egg white
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

  1. Drain pears, reserving the syrup; chop pears. Place pears and syrup in a mixing bowl; add dry cake mix, egg whites and egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. beat on high for 4 minutes.
  2. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour. Add batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.

No comments: