Friday, May 15, 2009

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

This recipe comes from allrecipes.com. Read below for Tami's and Tiffani's changes to the recipes.

INGREDIENTS
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

DIRECTIONS
Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

Tami: I made the following changes (based on some peoples comments): added 1 cup chicken broth1 can cream of chicken & 1 can of cream of mushroom, added 1/2 bag of mixed vegetables about 2 hours before we ate...added 1 can of biscuits cut up. I cut up chicken into cubes & only did about 2 breasts not 4 and I added parsley, basil and poultry seasoning.

Tiffani: I added carrots and peas to the recipe - also I used dehydrated onions (my favorite). I like to read throught the comments because they have great ideas and modifications. I cooked mine on the stove and then baked it with the muffins on top - but it might be really good as dumplings.

1 comment:

The Deal Fanatic said...

I love your blog and all the great recipes. You should add the feature friend connect because I'm sure you have love lots of visitors. I will be subscribing to your blog right now...awesome!!