Sunday, July 20, 2008

I love these muffins!

The Best Blueberry Muffins – by Jennifer Ashby

½ cup butter @ room temp.
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 ½ cups blueberries (mash ½ cup with fork)
2 cup flour
½ cup milk
1 T. sugar mixed with ¼ tsp. nutmeg

Heat oven to 375. Grease 12 muffin cups or use foil baking cups. Beat butter until creamy. Beat in sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Mix mashed berries into batter. Fold in half of the flour with spatula, then half of the milk. Add remaining flour and milk. Fold in remaining blueberries. Scoop batter into muffing cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg sugar mixtures. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
(I love these muffins even though they are NOT healthy. However, a word of caution, last time I used some canned white flour. The flour smelled old – but wasn’t beyond the shelf life so I used it anyway. It totally ruined the taste of the muffins – I was upset about it. I am now not a fan of canned flour – I think the 5 gallon bucket is the way for me to go.)

No comments: