Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

I found this recipe originally on allrecipes.com called Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup but I altered it a bit.

2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles (you can make your own noodles, used broken up spaghetti noodles, or add dumplings)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
12 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots (I added)
1/2 cup chopped onion (I reduced from 1 cup)
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I added)
3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
  1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.Then added noodles and cook until they are tender.
  2. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through
Tiff's Tips:  If you are adding dumplings, add then at the end.  I ended up adding chicken bouillon to the soup because I didn't have that many cans of broth.    I also added pepper to the soup.
 

No comments: