Monday, September 13, 2010

Potato Salad with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette

This recipe comes from the cookbook, Pressure Perfect, written by Lorna Sass.

2 pounds Yukon Gold, cut into 1/4-inch slices (I used red potatoes and left the skins on)
1 cup celery
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 T. capers (chop if large), optional (I don't use these because I don't have any on hand)

Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
1/3 cup olive oil
3 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried dill
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper

I cooked my potato slices in my automatic pressure cooker for 3 minutes at high pressure in 1 cup of water (quick release pressure). If you don't have that appliance, cook your potato slices however you want. The easiest way would be in the microwave, covered with some water.

Pour the dressing on the cooked potatoes. Then add the other ingredients just prior to serving. I like my celery and onions to still be crisp. Add more salt, pepper, and lemon to taste.

No comments: