Monday, September 13, 2010

Kabobs


We made kabobs Sunday. I marinaded the steak for 9 hours prior to cooking it on the BBQ. Oh, they were delicious and so easy! Next I want to try adding shrimp, one of Olivia's favorite foods.

I also slightly grilled corn on the cob after it was cooked on the stove.

Chicken and Steak Marinade (I found this on allrecipes.com - here):
1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 pinch ground ginger

Tiff's Tips: Instead of garlic powder, I added fresh minced garlic. I forgot the ginger so I will have to try that next time.

Shrimp Marinade:
Italian dressing

Skewer ingredients:
steak
chicken
shrimp
bell peppers
mushrooms
zucchini
onions
pineapple
cherry tomatoes
potato cubes (you need to cook them a little ahead of time)

No comments: