Friday, December 11, 2009

Broccoli Salad


I got this recipe from Chad's new employee today. She brought it to the company Christmas party and I LOVED it! I even brought some home. It is so good!


Ingredients:

* 2 bunches broccoli, florets only (5 to 6 cups florets) - I chop up the tender part of the root too or can save for later
* 2 bunches chopped green onion - use the green tops too
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
* 10 to 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled or 2 TB Bacos bacon bits(for vegetarian style)

* Dressing:
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or more to taste
* 2 teaspoons sugar

Preparation:
Separate florets from broccoli stalks - I like to shave and chop them off the stalk - giving a size variation in the salad. Save the remainder of the broccoli for another use or freeze for later. Combine salad ingredients; mix well with dressing mixture. Chill and serve.


No comments: