Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce

This is a favorite recipe (from Jody Richael) of my family, plus it is super easy and a great recipe that uses food storage items. This is a recipe that I have added to my three month preparedness menu - because everything you can have on hand. Now stock up on those clams!


8 oz. spaghetti
1/4 cup margarine or butter (I use much less)
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 TB. chopped parsley (I use dehydrated - use fresh in summer)
2 cans (6.5 oz each) minced clams, undrained
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (have lots in the freezer)

1. Cook Spaghetti as directed on package.
2. While spaghetti is cooking, melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic in margarine about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden. Stir in 2 TB. parsley and the clams. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 3-5 minutes.
3. Drain spaghetti. Pour sauce over spaghetti; toss. Sprinkle with a little parsley and Parmesan cheese.

I always double the recipe - sometimes when I double it I use 3 cans of clams instead of 4.

1 comment:

Tami said...

We are going to try this for dinner. I'll let you know if it passes the Thurgood test!