I made this in my Brazilian cooking class. It has a different taste than the other Cilantro Lime Rice recipe on this blog...but still very yummy! This method of cooking makes the rice makes it PERFECT every time!
1 cup long grain rice
2 TBS canola or vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups water
2 TBS fresh lime juice
1 TBS lime zest
3 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Rinse rice, drain and reserve.
2. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot add well drained rice and coat evenly with oil. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add water and salt to pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Allow water to evaporate to level of rice. As soon as you see air pockets on the top, place tight lid on pot, reduce heat to lowest setting and cook for 18 minutes.
4. Fluff with fork and gently fold in lime juice, zest and cilantro.
- For better results of releasing juice from lime, roll in on a hard surface under your palm putting pressure on it.
-For a tight seal on the lid, put a piece of tinfoil over the pot and then the lid on top pressing down.