Slow Cooker Nacho Chicken Soup
1½ lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
2 (7 oz.) cans diced green chiles
(substitute 1 can with jalapeños)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 cup sour cream
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
2 cups crushed nacho-flavored chips (Nacho Doritos)
1. Place about a 1/2 pound of boneless chicken breast or thighs, in the pot.
2. Add broth, chiles, a package of taco seasoning, and cream of chicken soup.
3. Cook on high 3-4 hours, or on low 6-8 hours.
4. About a half hour before serving, use a large slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the pot and place in a medium-size bowl to cool slightly.
5. While it's cooling, stir sour cream, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, cheddar, beans and corn into the soup.
6. With two large forks, shred the chicken. Return the chicken into the pot and stir well before serving.
6. Let each guest customize their bowl with options such as chopped cilantro, sliced olives, chopped tomatoes or salsa, chopped red or green peppers, diced avocadoes or guacamole, tortilla chips, grated cheese, shredded lettuce, and hot sauce.
- "Soup's On!" by Valerie Phillips