Monday, July 2, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup Mix

Here is another soup mix recipe that I received from Luanne.  I'm adding this to my food storage (I package my soup mixes in baggies)!


Chicken Noodle Soup Mix in a Jar

Place the following ingredients in an airtight jar:

1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
1 ½ T. chicken flavored bouillon
½ t ground black pepper
¼ t. dried thyme
1/8 t. celery seeds
1/8 t. garlic powder
1 bay leaf
(Note: I used dried ¼ c. dried carrots, ¼ c. dried celery, and 2 T. dried minced onion instead of the fresh veggies for a more complete soup mix. If desired, may add a cup or so of water to compensate for the dehydrated vegetables.)

Attach this recipe to the jar:

Entire contents of the soup mix from the jar +
8 cups water
(2 carrots, diced)
(¼ cup minced onion)
(2 stalks celery, diced)

3 cups cooked diced chicken


Bring ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf, stir in the chicken and simmer an additional 5 minutes.

No comments: