Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oreo Cookies


Clayton just informed me yesterday was Oreo's 100th birthday (they had an Oreo bday party at school).  AND I happened to make some too.  I've tried other recipes before and they didn't work out.  I don't know if it was me and I messed it up or the recipe.  Anyway, this is a tried and true recipe from my neighbor.  I have tasted these cookies many times and finally asked for the recipe.  Yummy!

1 Devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs

Mix the above ingredients.  Roll the dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes (I use stoneware and it took more like 11 or so minutes).  Place cookies on cooling rack.

Frosting:
4 oz. cream cheese
2 TB butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups powder sugar

Mix ingredients and put on the cookies once cooled.  Yummty!

No comments: