This is a family favorite recipe and a great freezer recipe.
• 2-3 lbs raw chicken, cut into cubes
• ¾ cup sugar
• ½ cup vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
• ½ cup water
• 1 chicken bouillon cube
• 3 ½ Tablespoons ketchup
• 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (for sauce, you will need extra see below)
• Dip chicken pieces in cornstarch and then in egg. Then brown chicken pieces in non-stick frying pan (outside will brown slightly and inside will be raw).
• Put chicken pieces in 9 X 13 baking dish.
• Boil sauce ingredients (mix in cornstarch first) for 1 minute and then pour over chicken.
• Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Spoon sauce over chicken once during baking time. (If you are baking this after it has been in the freezer - plan on longer for baking time.)
Serve over rice. The sauce is really good – I always double the sauce recipe so you can spoon it over your rice.