Monday, November 17, 2008

Apple Crisp

This is my favorite fall dessert! We invited our surrogate grandparents from the ward over last night and enjoyed apple crisp and vanilla ice cream. I was actually out of white flour so I substituted whole wheat flour and you couldn't even tell!

6 to 8 apples, depending on size
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 Tbl. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping:
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. quick oats
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. melted butter
1 c. chopped nuts

Slice and peel apples (I use my apple peeler/corer/slicer to make it really easy) and mix with sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Put in 9x13 baking dish. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over the apples to cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until apples are soft.

No comments: